Beginners Excel Course
Our Beginners Public Excel course is a one day Instructor -led course designed for new users of Excel, or those with a basic knowledge.
We cover all aspects of creating a spreadsheet especially learning about the three Essential Excel concepts:
- Relative References
- Absolute References
- Using Cell References
You will at the end of this course have a very strong foundation in building and using formulas and functions.
You will master controlling your worksheets and workbook, how to print them properly, create basic charts and learn fundamental data analysis techniques.
This course covers both 2007, 2010 ,2013 & 2016 Excel versions.
See Course Syllabus Below.
This Course is CPD Certified
Upcoming Beginner’s Course Dates
Level 1 Course Dates:
- Tuesday 12th December
- Tuesday 23th January 2018
(beside the Guinness Storehouse)
5% discount for three or more Bookings.
Course Syllabus: Beginners Course:
- A overview of the screen, navigation and basic spreadsheet concepts
- Understanding workbooks, worksheets, rows, columns, cells
- Various selection techniques
- Entering, Editing and Deleting Text, Numbers, Dates
- Using Auto Lists
- Moving and Copying data
- Inserting, Deleting and Hiding Rows & Columns
- Inserting, Deleting, Moving and Copying Sheets
- Using navigation techniques
- Formatting Cells with Number formats, Font formats, Alignment, Borders and Patterns
- Basic conditional formatting
- Copying and Clearing Formats
- Working with Styles
- Spell Check, Find & Replace and AutoCorrect
- Concept of Formulae
- Creating Formulae, Editing Formulae
- Bodmas : Mathematical Order
- Copying Formulae
- Using Functions – Sum, Average, Max,Min, Count, Counta
- Understanding Relative References
- Understanding Absolute References
- Using Cell references in Excel
- Accessing cells in other worksheets
- Accessing cells in other workbooks
- Summarizing data from various worksheets.
- Page Orientation
- Adding Headers and Footers
- Printing a selection
- Setting a print area
- Shrink to Fit
- Adjusting page breaks within Page Break Preview
- Repeating columns and rows
- Printing Grid lines
- Setting a print area
- Creating Various charts types
- Formatting Charts
- Changing Chart Locations
- How to create a list in Excel
- Important rules when building a list
- Autosum Tool