Intermediate Excel Course
Our one day Intermediate Excel public course is an instructor-led course to bring your Excel skills to a new level.
It will show you how to analyze your data quickly , safely and efficiently using Excel formulas and functions especially the important intermediate functions like IF and VLOOKUP as well as linking across multiple sheets and charting your data.
The course also covers data analysis tools including Pivot tables.
When you attend our intermediate course you will also get access to our online Excel course for one year.
This is great not just for revising what you learnt in the day course but also for further study as our online course covers all levels of Excel.
You can also repeat the course for free within 6 months of the original Course.
This course covers both 2010 , 2013 & 2016 Excel versions. See full Course Syllabus Below.
What will the course do for me ?
In the video below watch a trained and untrained Excel user tackling common Excel tasks. Notice the huge difference in time and effort. Where are you now?
CPD Certified Course
Upcoming Level 2 Courses
- Wednesday 19th December
- Wednesday 23th January 2019
- Wednesday 20th February
- Wednesday 27th March
- Create basic Formulas
- Can use basic Functions like SUM, AVERAGE, MAX & MIN
- Sort and Filter
Course Syllabus: Intermedaite Excel Course:
- Relative/Absolute Reference
- using Cell references
- Formatting concepts & problems in Excel.
- Good practice techniques.
- Concept and Purpose
- Naming individual or range cell’s
- Deleting and amending named ranges
- Using named cells/ranges in formulas
- Automatic decision making in Excel using the IF Function
- Nested IF Functions
- Introduction to the Vlookup Function:
- Why the VLOOKUP Function is so important
- VLOOKUP Examples
- Using the VLOOKUP Function and others Functions with Cell references and Relative & absolute references.
- Benefits and purpose
- Conditional Formatting
- Entering Dates and Times
- Different date/time formats
- How dates are stored
- Calculating working days
- Using the DAY(),MONTH(),YEAR() functions
- Time calculations
- Formula Auditing Tools
- Revealing Formulas
- Tracing Precedents/Dependents
- Goto Special
- Linking sheets in the same file
- Linking different Excel files
- Using Edit, Links
- Viewing different files at once
- Saving a workspace
- Viewing different sheets at once
- Window Split
- Sorting Data
- Adding Subtotals
- Freeze Panes
- Group and Outline
- Data Form
- What are Pivot tables
- Creating basic Pivot Tables
- Pivot table Toolbar
- Pivot Table Examples
- Using the Chart Wizard
- Editing and Formatting charts
- Saving custom chart types
- Setting a default chart type